The EMW is a omni-directional lavalier microphone that is renowned for its durability and performance under adverse conditions. Although the EMW is suited to studio settings as well, its reputation has been garnered through enabling sound recordists on location to mic up sources in less than forgiving circumstances thanks to its almost waterproof design.
The EMW can withstand full immersion up to 1 metre deep.
- Type: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omni-directional
- Power: Phantom - 6 to 50 Volts @ 4 mA or Wireless - 1.5 to 24 Volts 400 µA
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 600 Ω balanced for wired operation 1500 Ω unbalanced for wireless
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/Pa
- Max SPL: 130 dB
- Self Noise: 24 dB (A-weighted)
- Connector: TA5F