The Lectrosonics UH400 is a digital hybrid synthesized UHF plug-on transmitter compatible with all receivers in the 400, 200 and 100 Series product groups.
The DSP-base design allows the transmitter to operate in its native Digital Hybrid Wireless™ mode, or in several alternate modes that are compatible with analog receivers.
A unique multi-voltage phantom power feature allows the transmitter to be used
with any microphone, including high current condenser types, expanding its usefulness in high-end applications such as motion picture production.
- Operating frequencies: Block 26 (665.600 - 691.100 MHz)
- Frequency selection: 256 frequencies in 100kHz steps
- RF Power output: 100 mW (nominal)
- Pilot tone: 25 to 32 kHz; 5kHz deviation (in 400 Series mode)
- Frequency stability: ± 0.002% Deviation: ± 75 kHz max. (in 400 Series mode)
- Spurious radiation: 60 dB below carrier
- Equivalent input noise: –118 dBV, A-weighted
- Input level: Nominal 2 mV to 300 mV, before limiting; Greater than 1.0 V maximum, with limiting.
- Input impedance: 1k Ohm
- Input limiter: Soft limiter, >30 dB range
- Gain control range: 43 dB; semi-log rotary control
- Modulation indicators: Dual bicolor LEDs indicate modulation of –20, -10, 0, +10 dB referenced to full modulation.
- Low frequency roll-off: –12dB/octave; 70 Hz
- Controls: Control panel knob adjusts audio gain. Rotary switches on bottom panel adjust transmitter frequency.
- Audio Frequency Response: 70 Hz to 20 kHz, +/-1dB (The audio is deliberately rolled off at 70Hz using a 12dB/octave filter. This filter cannot be disabled.)
- Signal to Noise Ratio (dB): 103.5 - 113 dB depending on limiter
- Note: The dual envelope “soft” limiter provides exceptionally good handling of transients using variable attack and release time constants. The gradual onset of limiting in the design begins below full modulation, which reduces the measured figure for SNR without limiting by 4.5 dB.
- THD: 0.2% typical (400 Series mode)
- Antenna: Built in
- Battery Type: 9V Alkaline or Lithium
- Battery Life: 4.5 Hours with alkaline 9 Volt, 12 hrs with lithium (Battery life will vary with battery brand, phantom power voltage setting and mic current drain.)
- Weight: 6.5 ozs. with lithium battery, no mic
- Overall Dimensions: 1.5 x 1.5 x 4.2 inches (Not including microphone.)