The UCR401 is a high performance compact UHF wireless microphone receiver for mobile applications such as ENG and film production. The compact size, battery and external power and rugged attached antennas are ideal for video camera mounted use. Unique DSP algorithms in the design provide full compatibility with all Lectrosonics 400 Series Digital Hybrid Wireless™ transmitters and variety of analog transmitters from Lectrosonics and some other manufacturers. Power is provided by two AA batteries, typically NiMH rechargeable types, or external DC supplied via a jack on the rear panel.
Microprocessor control enables SmartSquelch™ and SmartDiversity™ advanced reception techniques to minimize noise and dropouts in all conditions. Finding a clear operating channel is simplified with a choice of 256 frequencies across a 25.6 MHz bandwidth. A built-in RF spectrum analyzer scans the entire tuning range of the receiver and displays RF activity on the built-in LCD. The analyzer will scan the entire spectrum and display the results in about 25 seconds, so it is very convenient to find a clear frequency in each new location.
- Operating Frequencies (MHz):
- Frequency Adjustment Range: 25.5 MHz in 100 kHz steps
- Channel Separation: 100 kHz
- Receiver Type: Triple conversion, superheterodyne, 244 MHz , 10.7 MHz and 300 kHz
- Frequency Stability: ±0.001 %
- Front end bandwidth: 30 MHz @ -3 dB
20 dB Sinad: 1 uV (-107 dBm), A weighted
60 dB Quieting: 1.5 uV (-104 dBm), A weighted
- Squelch quieting: Greater than 100 dB
- AM rejection: Greater than 60 dB, 2 uV to 1 Volt (Undetectable after processing)
- Modulation acceptance: 85 kHz
- Image and spurious rejection: 85 dB
- Third order intercept: 0 dBm
- Diversity method: Phased antenna combining - SmartDiversity™
- FM Detector: Digital Pulse Counting Detector operating at 300 kHz
- Antenna inputs: Two, fixed whip
- Audio outputs: Rear Panel XLR adjustable from -50 dBu to +5 dBu in 1 dB steps. Calibrated into a typical 10 k Ohm balanced load. Can drive 600 Ohm load.
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators - LCD control panel: Main window
- - Pilot tone; antenna phase, receiver battery level; transmitter battery status; audio level,
- RF level Frequency window: Frequency, TV channel; Transmitter switch setting
- Audio output level adjustment: -50 dBu to +5 dBu
- Battery level tracking: - 0.1V steps, accuracy +/- 0.2V - Timer option available for NiMH batteries
- Scanning mode: Coarse and fine modes for RF spectrum site scanning
- Audio test tone: 1 kHz, -50 dBu to +5 dBu output in 1 dB steps; less than 1% THD
- Transmitter battery type selection: 9 V alkaline, 9 V lithium, AA alkaline, AA lithium, TIMER
- Phase invert: Audio output phase normal or inverted
- Smart NR (noise reduction): OFF, NORMAL, FULL modes (avail in 400 Series mode only)
- Audio Performance (overall system): (These specs apply to 400 Series mode only.) Frequency Response (Typ.): 32 Hz to 20 kHz (+/- 1 dB) System frequency response varies depending on transmitter used
- THD: 0.2% (typical)
- SNR at receiver output (dB): SmartNR No Limiting w/Limiting OFF NORMAL FULL 103.5 107.0 108.5 108.0 111.5 113.0
- Input Dynamic Range: 125 dB (with full Tx limiting)
- Rear Panel Controls and features: XLR balanced audio output jack; External DC input; Battery compartment acces.
- Power Options: Ext DC: Minimum 6 Volts to maximum 18 Volts DC; 1 W consumption, 80 mA at 12 VDC Int Batt: Two AA 1.5 Volt alkaline, lithium or NiMH;
- Battery Life (typical): AA alkaline 4 hours continuous, up to 10 hours intermittent AA lithium Up to 11 hours (continuous and intermittent) AA NiMH (2500 mAH) 7.5 hours per charge typical (continuous and intermittent)
- Weight: 13 oz with batteries.
- Dimensions: 2.83” wide, 1.25” high, 4.64” deep